The Territory Tellers group was founded in the early 1980’s by a group of storytellers that included, among others, Rosemary Czarski, Marie Harris, Rodger Harris, Barbara McBride Smith, Lynn Moroney, Fran Stallings and Letty Watt, who was the first president of the group. The first official meeting of the Territory Tellers was in Oklahoma City on Nov. 10, 1984.
Today, the Territory Tellers, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with members from across the state and region, continues to fulfill its mission goals:
- To offer opportunities to learn the art of storytelling
- To host and support storytelling concerts and events
- To conduct storytelling workshops
- To provide information about storytellers and storytelling
- To participate in professional conferences and local and regional events
- To educate the public on the value of storytelling
- To entertain the public with first-class storytellers and events
Board of Directors
The Territory Tellers board is made up of people from across the state. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact the President. Click on the name to email the officer or board member or to see more information about him/her.