New this year at the festival, the Territory Tellers will host the Al and Greg Rodgers Biggest Whopper (Liar’s) Contest. Al and Greg were treasured members of the Territory Tellers, and we lost both of them in recent years.
Saturday, June 11
6:45 -7:45 p.m.
Guthrie Junior High Auditorium
DETAILS of the CONTEST:
- 1st Place = $100, 2nd Place = $50, 3rd Place = $25
- Anyone is eligible to enter.
- Register at the school between 9:00 a.m. Friday and 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Contest Rules:
- “Whoppers” should be short (humorous, dramatic, supernatural, etc.) with a maximum length of 5 minutes (timing devices will be used).
- Anyone exceeding 5.30 minutes will be disqualified.
- Judging by a panel of 3 storytelling experts will be based on the following:
- Technique–delivery, general stage presence
- Story development–of the tale in time available
- Originality–new material or fresh handling of a familiar yarn
- Effectiveness–taking audience response into consideration
- Awards presented after the Barbara McBride Smith concert
DETAILS of the EVENING:
6:15-6:45: Hootenanny featuring the 3G Band
6:45-7:45: Biggest Whopper Contest
8:00-9:00: Barbara McBride Smith Storytelling Concert
9:00: Ice Cream Social
ADMISSION: $15 per person; $22 per couple
Buy tickets in advance on the FESTIVAL REGISTRATION page or by clicking the link below if you are not attending any other festival events.
Evening Program, 6:15-10:15 p.m.
$22 for Saturday Evening Program for Two
Please help us publicize this event by printing THIS FLYER and posting it where you can.